Features of foobar2000
- Audio formats supported: MKA, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, AIFF, Opus, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, WMA, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND.
- Full unicode support.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
- ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
Changes in foobar2000 1.2.6 beta
* Windows 8 “connected standby” countermeasures:
- Option to keep display up while playing - seems to be the only way to prevent Windows desktop apps from being shut down while the machine turns idle
* Fixed misbehavior when updating attached pictures in files with ID3v2.2 tags.
* ReplayGain tagging now works with AIFF.
* Fixed crashing when embedding specific picture files into Ogg Vorbis files.
* Attached picture manager dialog tweaks.
* foobar2000 1.2.5
- Converter: fixed writing of WAV files with odd byte counts (eg. 24-bit mono).
- Improved handling of various malformed WAV files.
- Converter: fixed writing of file types that foobar2000 cannot tag.
- Fixed “verify integrity of played files” option disabling HDCD & DTS decoder components.
* It's a feature of individual decoder components; third party decoder components such as Monkey's Audio decoder must be updated separately.
- “Add Folder” now skips over hidden files & subfolders.
- AIFF file format tagging support.
- Added authenticode signatures to foobar2000 binaries.
- Added WAV & AIFF attached picture handling (beta 2).
- Added attached picture transfer option in Converter (beta 2).
- Support for touchscreen gesture scrolling on Windows 8 tablet devices (final).
foobar2000 1.2.3 beta 2
on 07 February 2013, reviewed by: Poulpos
Foobar2000 is awsome !
VERY light in term of CPU & RAM usage
Very wide codec support
Excellent at mass tagging and managing your audio library
Lots of extensions available if needed
Love you foobar2000, keep up the good work.
on 24 August 2010, reviewed by: Jim Doe
A -MUST HAVE- player for every person who respects himself!!
1:Supports an awful lot of different formats
2:With the proper components you can bypass windows mixer and set the output as an ASIO DEVICE,WASAPI OR KERNEL STREAMING!! How COOL is that!!!
3:Feel free to configure Foobar in your own specific way
4:Great management of your music library and mass tagging options(by using just a component!!)
5:Many encoding formats and options
6:Almost non-existent memory footprint
7:For those of you feeling uncomfortable to use the player ~please~ check out the guide and the charts at Wikipedia,under:Music player comparison (software)
8:If you are still not sure about this,return to your familiar player..We can handle the loneliness of the TOP!!!
foobar2000 1.1 beta 2
on 04 August 2010, reviewed by: kim
This is so close to be perfect (it actually is perfect)
No need for several codecs and converters, it does it all and plays it all (okay, you will have to dl some components and may want lame.exe and/or flac.exe, but when all is set, you have a very powerful player/program.)