To that end, Zoom Player employs a slick and simple user interface, combined with easy to access features while at the same time providing advanced control dialogs over every feature imaginable.
Zoom Player was designed from the ground up to load quick, take as little system resources as possible, provide user feedback/direction as appropriate and maintain as much isolation from other applications and system components as not to undermine overall stability.
Zoom Player is capable of playing all common media formats and quite a few of the not so common, including:
AVI, Matroska (MKV), QuickTime (MOV), Cellphone 3GPP (3GP), Flash (SWF), RealMedia (RA/RM/RMVB/RAM), Windows Media Format (ASF/WMV/WMA including DRM with WMV Professional version), OGG Movie (OGM), MPEG1 (MPG/VCD), MPEG2 (MPG/SVCD/VOB), MPEG4 (DIVX/XVID/ISO), VP3-VP6, MPEG Layer 3 (MP3), Vorbis Audio (OGG), Dolby Digital (AC3), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), MusePack Audio (MPC), FLAC Audio (FLAC), OptimFROG Audio, Monkey Audio (APE), Wave Audio (WAV), CD-Audio.
Zoom Player comes in 3 flavors
Zoom Player Home Free
The best things in life are free. With Zoom Player Home FREE, you can start exploring the most powerful media player for the Windows PC NOW!
- Free for personal, non-commercial use.
- No bloat, intuitive & user-friendly design.
- Install Center application, capable of detecting and securely installing up-to-date decoders and missing system components to improve stability and versatility.
- Media Center navigation interfaces with easy to use (Up/Down/Left/Right/Select) controls.
- 10-Band Equalizer with Digital PreAmp and Presets.
- DVD Playback from Disc, Hard Drive or network connection.
- Powerful, category based Media Library interface.
- Remember/Resume from last media position.
Zoom Player Home Professional
With Zoom Player Home Professional, your Movies, TV shows and Music experience is the easiest, most customizable and powerful yet. Featuring such exclusive features as :
- Playlist Manager (Providing powerful playlist manipulation).
- Safety features (Password protected options dialog, DVD Parental control and Hidden navigation functions that modify files).
- Media Definitions (Save and Restore the current Aspect Ratio, Color levels, Volume level, Equalizer state and much more for every file played).
- Web Remote (Control Zoom Player from your web browser).
- Extended command line interface, exposing many Zoom Player functions directly from the command line.
- Playback of DRM protected movies and music (Windows Media DRM).
Zoom Player Home MAX
Building on top the success of Zoom Player Home Professional, Zoom Player Home MAX adds many Power-Features :
- Decrypted Blu-Ray Movie playback with Subtitle support.
- Video Wall (Span a single video across multiple monitors).
- Create custom Mobile-Phone RingTones from playing media.
- Scene-Cut (Dynamic, Virtual Audio/Video editing).
- Non-Linear 16:9 (widescreen) / 4:3 (fullscreen) video scaling
- GuardDog (Automatically restart Zoom Player if the player becomes unresponsive).
- Video Orbiting (Prevents screen-burns by slowly moving the video image every few seconds).
- HTML, Flash and QuickTime Interactivity (Browse content from within Zoom Player, bypassing standard media controls).
Zoom Player is very upgrade friendly, you can install over previous installation without any stability issues, You do not need to uninstall a previous version of Zoom Player prior to installation. If you would like to reset your setting prior to a new installation, you can run the "DefaultSetting.exe" file that is installed with Zoom Player.
Changes in Zoom Player 8.6
- New :
* The default fullscreen navigation style has been replaced with the new "Slate" design. A lot of work was invested in making the new design much more visually polished than the previous "Drapes" design.
* New Slate style background images for the DVD and Media modes.
* Support for MadVR Color Controls.
* The color control, adjust image and the image blanking fullscreen navigation interfaces now uses the more intuitive input mode previously demonstrated in the Equalizer fullscreen navigation interface.
* Clicking on media file icons within the file browsing, media library and playlist fullscreen navigation interfaces now selects and unselects the clicked entry.
* New Media Scheduler interface, accessible through the right-click context menu or by clicking Alt+Ctrl+"S". The scheduler lets you set times & dates for specific media or entire playlists to begin and stop playing automatically.
* The internal JPEG decoder is now based on GDI+ requiring "gdiplus.dll" installed on your system. The "gdiplus.dll" file comes pre-installed with Windows XP onwards and is available for download for Windows 98/ME systems.
As a bonus, Zoom Player can now display JPEG image files encoded with the CYMK color-space (used in printing).
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation) allowing you to select the navigation scrolling mode when using the keyboard or remote devices.
* See full changelog here
Zoom Player 8.00 final
on 04 December 2011, reviewed by: chaim
Version 8 is very stable for me and does everything I need. Just a bit of getting used to it :)
Zoom Player 7.00 final
on 18 March 2010, reviewed by: gojes
This player's filter management is f**king retarded! why can't they keep it simple like mpc-hc does?
Everything else, from speed, playlist, and some extra functionality is top notch but that retarded "smart play" break it for me. :(
Zoom Player 7.00 rc1
on 22 July 2009, reviewed by: Jason
The exe install file for Zoom Player MAX 7.00 rc1 contains a trojan! This is the information given by McAffee security center:
Detection name: Artemis!9BF07219E33F (Trojan), Artemis!9BF07219E33F (Trojan)
Process description: Windows Explorer
The program said this Trojan was "removed" from the file, so I don't know if the install program still functions yet. Obviously no matter how good it is, I give it 2 stars for propagating viruses
Zoom Player tries to both simplify the playback experience for the common user, while giving the Power Users all the tools and interfaces they may require to manipulate their playback environment to their exact specification.