X Codec Pack is virus/spyware/adware/toolbars/search engines free.
All the codecs, filters, tools inside X Codec Pack are freeware.
X Codec Pack 3.0 contains the following codecs / filters
- AC3 filter
- Media Player Classic HC
Changes in X Codec Pack 2.2.0 build 514
- corrected bug involving compenents for uninstall not showing
- update system recoded, better handling, v0.9.1
- install and uninstall script upgrades and fixes
- if user selected no shortcuts, uninstall did not work correctly
- DivX G400 shortcut was not deleted at uninstall
- updated script for Windows version detection
- disabled MPC AC3/DTS internal filters
- bug involving VI shell extension
- updated script for silent installs
- added icons for Vista
- updated XviD to v1.1.3
- updated the answer file creator for unattended installs, now included in the pack, v0.3.2
- create shortcuts for all users used, not an option anymore
- AC3 filter updated to v1.46
- MPC updated to HC v126.96.36.199
- DivX v6 updated to v188.8.131.52
- Video Inspector updated to v184.108.40.206
- VSFilter updated to v2.38, config shortcut available
- added/updated FFDShow BETA 4a (rev 1723)
- option at uninstall for keeping/removing all/registry/files/settings
- if already installed, read selected sections from registry
- removed DivX antiFreeze.
- X Codec Pack project is supported by codecs.com
X Codec Pack 2.1.1 build 406
on 09 October 2006, reviewed by: OJi
the new version contains the 1.2 version of xvid. everything updated. :)
X Codec Pack 2.1.0 build 402
on 10 August 2006, reviewed by: MArk
this codec pack is great but it can be greater.
the xvid codec has updated to 1.2
why don't you do the same???
X Codec Pack 2.0.0 Beta 5
on 02 March 2006, reviewed by: Jimmy
This codec pack contains all the codecs you'll ever need to view movies. It's really the only codec-pack you'll ever need. It's just perfect.
You get install, uninstall and update support. This means you can select the components you want to install; detection for previous installed versions and the ability to remove them, check for updated versions online.